Tuesday, August 31, 2010

10 Years with Mattie:)






Well I decided there is no better day to blog about how our little family started than today on our 10th Anniversary, so here it goes...The end of July, 1998, I had just been heartbroken by my boyfriend of 2 yrs. I felt devasted.(at least when you are young, thats what it feels like..lol) I thought I would never be able to get over him. I left all the pictures of us up in my bedroom..i was NOT letting go at all. One night our phone rang and it was Matt Mullinax,I never really talked to him before because we were on 2 totally different pages. I never even considered him!! He had just graduated from our highschool & went to the Airforce. So, I answered the phone and he was actually calling for my brother Joe. Before I gave Joe the phone, Matt started talking to me. He seemed totally different than how I thought of him in highschool. I began telling him how I had been heartbroken & the same thing had just happened to him. WE talked for a while & then I gave the phone to Joe. When Joe was done talking he said Matt wanted to talk to me again! WE talked for a long time. That night I went to my room and took down everything from the guy that broke my heart and I felt all better. Matt started calling me every day and within that same week he said "I love you", to which i replied, "I like you too". It didnt take me long though to fall head over heels in love with this man who in my mind would have been the LAST person i would ever fall in love with!! 08-09-1998 is when we officially became a couple! We have survived many things together and became stronger because of it!! We got married 8-31-2000! The first few years we both had our doubts if it would ever work because we are both VERY stubborn, but somehow we always pulled through and today im so thankful that we did! The Lord has blessed us with 3 healthy boys and many other benefits that we dont deserve. 10 years later i can proudly say that we stuck it out through the kinks and im sure we will face more but we will keep holding on to each other and never forget how it all started.

1 comment: